Text-Enable Your Apps & Services with Flowroute’s Messaging API
Flowroute now offers a very powerful Messaging API for those of you who want to create applications or services that incorporate text messaging. Now you can provide users with dynamic, on-demand access to important information like appointment reminders, alerts, or customer service updates using text and multimedia messaging capabilities.
Flowroute Messaging API Features
Flowroute’s Messaging API gives developers programmatic control to build intelligent SMS interactions into their apps and services – over local and toll-free numbers using a single API. With the Flowroute Messaging API, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Send and receive SMS/MMS: Enable SMS and MMS-based customer interactions using new or existing toll-free or long code phone numbers.
- Receive detailed information: Review detailed reports that contain SMS and MMS statistics and usage records in real-time through the Flowroute manage portal including message direction, message status, billing info, timestamps, and message content.
- Customized Routing: Obtain real-time control over how SMS and MMS messages are routed through customizable webhooks that ensure developers have power over delivery at the account or individual phone number level.
- Real-time provisioning: Search and provision phone numbers in real-time through the Flowroute Messaging API or online portal to allow apps and services to scale immediately.
SEE ALSO: Access Flowroute’s calling and messaging APIs
Unlike other communications service providers, Flowroute has been certified as a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) across the United States, which allows them to provide developers direct access to, and control over, telephony resources such as phone numbers, inbound and outbound calling, text messaging and advanced signaling data. This ensures a true carrier-grade communications experience for both enterprise developers and their end customers. The bottom line is that Flowroute does all the hard work for you; so that as a developer you can focus on the one thing that is most important to you – getting stuff built.
Some of the other cool things about Flowroute’s Messaging API includes:
- SDK library availability – We make it considerably easier and simple to start with an open source client library for NodeJS, PHP, Ruby on Rails, .NET and Python.
- One provider, one number, one API – With Flowroute, you can unify your calling and messaging experience with one phone number, through one API.
Regardless of the use case you are looking to achieve, we have the resources and technical reference material to help you jumpstart your communications initiative. With scale on demand, you can easily increase or reduce your use as needed. With the internal configurable hardening and security features included; this ensures that you are always compliant. For more information regarding text messaging and the Flowroute Messaging API, contact us today to speak with one of our communications experts.
SEE ALSO: How Flowroute helps developers integrate calling and messaging capabilities into their apps and services