Welcome Darach, VP of Customer Success

Posted on September 8, 2016

We are excited to welcome Darach Beirne, our new VP of Customer Success, to the Flowroute team. In his short time here, Darach is already positively impacting our customer experience, with our east coast customers already benefiting from expanded phone support hours from 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM PT.

You’ll continue to hear more from the Flowroute Customer Success team as Darach and his team spin up new ways to ensure we are exceeding your expectations and your voice is heard. In the meantime, get to know Darach a bit better through our quick fire Q&A.

Tell us about your career and what led you to Flowroute?

I love the challenge of building organizations that serve customers. I have repeatedly built and led B2B customer support, customer success, professional services, and sales engineering teams for both startups and large global technology companies. I’ve recently been consulting to high-tech companies helping them develop strategies to dramatically and regularly improve customer satisfaction, reduce customer churn and increase scalability, by helping these organizations truly listen to their customers. I was drawn to Flowroute because I love the disruption they are driving in the Telecom industry by providing developers with direct access to communications services, and the team is committed to delivering a superior customer experience.

What are the most important elements of enabling customer success?

Customer Success is comprised of three key elements:

1. People and the relationships you build with them

2. Defining clear processes grounded in deep understanding of customers goals and needs

3. Having the right tools in place

The reality is people and the relationships you build makes up about 90% of customer success, with the other 10% falling into either tools and processes. From experience, I’ve realized if you develop great relationships with your employees, this will translate into great customer service, which in turn will lead to great customer experiences.

What have you enjoyed thus far here?

I love the culture of Flowroute, where every single person’s perspective is actively sought and valued. This environment allows everyone the opportunity to really contribute and share in the success of our customers and the company as a whole.

Do you have a favorite quote or personal philosophy that embodies your perspective on customer success?

My favorite quote is from Richard Branson: “If you take care of employees, they will take care of the clients.” I also have a personal philosophy around customer success that is, “Never make commitments you cannot keep, keep the commitments you make.”

When I am not at work I’m…..?

I like to hike and backpack as well as spend time with my family.

Transporter, time machine or cloak of invisibility?

Transporter (but not v1.0 please).I have family all over the world so it would be great to visit them without having to sit on an airplane for hours at a time. I also really enjoy visiting customers, and a transporter would make that even easier.

First computer?

VAX/VMS 11/750

Favorite app?

The WeatherBug app – I’m addicted to Meteorology, probably due to my interest in hiking and backpacking, where weather plays a big part in how enjoyable a trip is going to be.

We have updated our Privacy Policy found here. By continuing to use our website, you agree that you understand these policies.

Got it!